SFL Forum
Super Bowl - Printable Version

+- SFL Forum (http://www.sflforums.com)
+-- Forum: Fun Stuff (http://www.sflforums.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: Sports Talk (http://www.sflforums.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Thread: Super Bowl (/showthread.php?tid=9446)

Pages: 1 2

Super Bowl - Natalie - 01-18-2017

I want it to be Green Bay and Pittsburgh, in the which, I will pull for Pittsburgh (because I like Starling Marte who plays for the Pirates). But, it looks like it's gonna be NE and Atlanta. And, I will pull for NE, because I like the Red Sox. (Natalie Logic)

What say you?

RE: Super Bowl - myotch - 01-18-2017

I'm a home team kinda guy, so Go Falcons, I guess.

This year, I haven't been into sports. It all just seems kinda ruined, politicized, impure, corrupted. There have been worse years recently, this year just kind of connected some dots for me. I can spend my money (or save it) to make my life better, not theirs.

But a Falcons win could, somehow, conceivably, "improve the local economy"...And we get a new partially-tax-funded Mercedes-Benz Stadium next year, currently boasting $2 hotdogs on their TV ads, so it would be kinda nice opening that thing up to some champions instead of the once-lost-the-superbowl-in-a-home-game-and-otherwise-ordinary Atlanta Falcons, who spent the first half of the season snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

RE: Super Bowl - RobMille - 01-18-2017

If I were the sovereign of the realm, I would make Natalie the Secretary of Baseball!

RE: Super Bowl - Natalie - 01-18-2017

(01-18-2017, 10:27 AM)myotch Wrote: I'm a home team kinda guy, so Go Falcons, I guess.

This year, I haven't been into sports.  It all just seems kinda ruined, politicized, impure, corrupted.  There have been worse years recently, this year just kind of connected some dots for me.  I can spend my money (or save it) to make my life better, not theirs.

But a Falcons win could, somehow, conceivably, "improve the local economy"...And we get a new partially-tax-funded Mercedes-Benz Stadium next year, currently boasting $2 hotdogs on their TV ads, so it would be kinda nice opening that thing up to some champions instead of the once-lost-the-superbowl-in-a-home-game-and-otherwise-ordinary Atlanta Falcons, who spent the first half of the season snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

It sounds like you need to become a Yankees fan.  [Image: tongue.gif]

But seriously, I've always loved baseball the most. It's a romantic game that seems to rise above politics and provides an escape to the craziness of the rest of the world.

(01-18-2017, 10:38 AM)RobMille Wrote: If I were the sovereign of the realm, I would make Natalie the Secretary of Baseball!

Hehe.... I'd get thrown out when the Yankees won every year.  Tongue

Wait.... I thought this was about football.

RE: Super Bowl - myotch - 01-18-2017

I'd be a Yankees fan, but my aim is so bad, I don't think I could hit the outfield with a D-cell battery.

The Yankees are alright I guess. Their fans are always outside the stadium trying to provoke fistfights when they visit here. As far as fans go, they are on the same level as Roll Tide or UGA fans, who are quite annoying in their own right.

(01-18-2017, 11:06 AM)myotch Wrote: I'd be a Yankees fan, but my aim is so bad, I don't think I could hit the outfield with a D-cell battery.

The Yankees are alright I guess.  Their fans are always outside the stadium trying to provoke fistfights when they visit here.  As far as fans go, they are on the same level as Roll Tide or UGA fans, who are quite annoying in their own right.

I can't stand when people fight over any game. It's usually alcohol related, but it's still ridiculous. It's a game, and I get really irritated when it's a Yankees fan. But, a lot of people call themselves Yankees fans, but never watch a game. The logo is a fashion statement.

RE: Super Bowl - First Time Caller - 01-19-2017

(01-18-2017, 09:52 AM)Natalie Wrote: I want it to be Green Bay and Pittsburgh, in the which, I will pull for Pittsburgh (because I like Starling Marte who plays for the Pirates). But, it looks like it's gonna be NE and Atlanta. And, I will pull for NE, because I like the Red Sox. (Natalie Logic)

What say you?

I'm just in it for the commercials.  And snacks.  I don't really care about the rest.   Tongue

RE: Super Bowl - myotch - 01-22-2017

Falcons. Woot.