SFL Forum
I tried some alcohols - Printable Version

+- SFL Forum (http://www.sflforums.com)
+-- Forum: Fun Stuff (http://www.sflforums.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: Food & Drink (http://www.sflforums.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: I tried some alcohols (/showthread.php?tid=9405)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

I tried some alcohols - WalrusWrangler - 12-13-2016

I've been experimenting with alcohol in the last several months. I've mostly tried super fruity cocktails, but lately I've been enjoying beer more. My favorite so far is Redd's Apple Ale. I'm still learning, though. 

I've never had enough to be drunk. I did go bar hopping for the first time last week, though. At the first place I got a fruity drink that I think may have been a martini but I'm not sure. It had Smirnoff and some other stuff in it. I actually had two, and the second was bigger. At the next place I had a glass of royal crown regal apple whisky. It was good. I had never had whisky straight before. The last place was a dance club, and I had a few shots there. First I had something called a kamikaze. I don't know what was in it, but someone recommended it. Then I had a fireball and later a redbull with vodka. The fireball tasted just like the candy. 

I spaced all the drinks out over the course of five or so hours. I never felt inebriated. I also taught myself how to say the alphabet backwards, just as a test. It was a fun night, but I don't intend to regularly do that sort of thing. I never want to get drunk. I can apparently hold my alcohol reasonably well, though.

RE: I tried some alcohols - Dr. Jezebel - 12-13-2016

Good for you! Sounds like you had a great time.

RE: I tried some alcohols - The Inimitable Lady Semp - 12-13-2016

I like Redd's strawberry ale better than the apple version but I'll drink the apple if I have to.

Watch out for Redbull and alcohol. That can be a tricky combo.

Drink water in between drinks. It will stop you from dehydrating too much and will keep you from feeling too crappy the next day.

Semp, should we tell him about Kool-Aid & beer?

RE: I tried some alcohols - Natalie - 12-13-2016

(12-13-2016, 11:36 AM)WalrusWrangler Wrote: I've been experimenting with alcohol in the last several months. I've mostly tried super fruity cocktails, but lately I've been enjoying beer more. My favorite so far is Redd's Apple Ale. I'm still learning, though. 

I've never had enough to be drunk. I did go bar hopping for the first time last week, though. At the first place I got a fruity drink that I think may have been a martini but I'm not sure. It had Smirnoff and some other stuff in it. I actually had two, and the second was bigger. At the next place I had a glass of royal crown regal apple whisky. It was good. I had never had whisky straight before. The last place was a dance club, and I had a few shots there. First I had something called a kamikaze. I don't know what was in it, but someone recommended it. Then I had a fireball and later a redbull with vodka. The fireball tasted just like the candy. 

I spaced all the drinks out over the course of five or so hours. I never felt inebriated. I also taught myself how to say the alphabet backwards, just as a test. It was a fun night, but I don't intend to regularly do that sort of thing. I never want to get drunk. I can apparently hold my alcohol reasonably well, though.

I went through a phase where I tried different drinks just to see what I liked. What I found was that I don't like wine, at all, and I tried. And after all the testing, what I like is a nice champagne cocktail, a good mimosa, a well-made piña colada, and a rum-spiked eggnog (for the holidays). And that's pretty much it. 

I rarely drink, and have it as an occasional treat. I look forward to the eggnog next week.  Wink

Not gonna lie: eggnog is so much better with booze. Smile

RE: I tried some alcohols - The Inimitable Lady Semp - 12-14-2016

(12-13-2016, 07:37 PM)Dr. Jezebel Wrote: Semp, should we tell him about Kool-Aid & beer?

Absolutely.  It's not as bad for you! Big Grin

RE: I tried some alcohols - First Time Caller - 12-14-2016

(12-13-2016, 09:16 PM)Natalie Wrote: I went through a phase where I tried different drinks just to see what I liked. What I found was that I don't like wine, at all, and I tried. And after all the testing, what I like is a nice champagne cocktail, a good mimosa, a well-made piña colada, and a rum-spiked eggnog (for the holidays). And that's pretty much it. 

I rarely drink, and have it as an occasional treat. I look forward to the eggnog next week.  Wink

I didn't think I liked wine until I tried moscato.  If you haven't had it, it's really light and quite sweet.  Fruity.  There's some really neat varieties out there too  - my favorite is peach moscato, it is SO good.  Pineapple moscato is good too, but it can be tricky to find.

I've never had eggnog with rum, just the carton you buy in the dairy aisle.  Mr. FTC loves it, but I've never really understood eggnog.  Maybe I should try it spiked.  I have to be really careful with the strong stuff though, it goes to my head really fast.

RE: I tried some alcohols - Natalie - 12-14-2016

(12-14-2016, 07:16 AM)First Time Caller Wrote:  I didn't think I liked wine until I tried moscato.  If you haven't had it, it's really light and quite sweet.  Fruity.  There's some really neat varieties out there too  - my favorite is peach moscato, it is SO good.  Pineapple moscato is good too, but it can be tricky to find.

I've never had eggnog with rum, just the carton you buy in the dairy aisle.  Mr. FTC loves it, but I've never really understood eggnog.  Maybe I should try it spiked.  I have to be really careful with the strong stuff though, it goes to my head really fast.

I've only tried pink moscato. I liked it on the very first sip, then never liked it again... Tongue  Fickle, I guess. I guess I should try the others.

I've heard people who don't like eggnog plain like it spiked, because it cuts the sweetness. I use less rum than called for. I want to barely taste it. Same for piña coladas.

RE: I tried some alcohols - WalrusWrangler - 12-14-2016

I'll have to try Redd's strawberry ale. I bought some Hard Rock Indian apple cider at Target yesterday, for variety. I think I like Redd's better. I tried a friend's Hard Rock cider once and loved it, though. I'm guessing I got a different flavor.

The red bull and vodka wasn't my favorite. I don't really like red bull that much. I just had a small cup, though. I was almost ready to tap out for the night at that point.

Is kool-aid and beer just kool-aid and beer mixed together? Or do you mix the kool-aid powder with beer instead of water?

I still haven't acquired a taste for wine. Fruity white wine is okay, but it isn't my favorite. Most red wine tastes like cleaning solution to me. I've had one type that I thought was decent. I don't remember what it was, though.

I've never had spiked eggnog. I think I've only had regular eggnog once before.