SFL Forum
My First Time to Buy Alcohol - Printable Version

+- SFL Forum (http://www.sflforums.com)
+-- Forum: Fun Stuff (http://www.sflforums.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: Food & Drink (http://www.sflforums.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: My First Time to Buy Alcohol (/showthread.php?tid=9003)

Pages: 1 2 3

My First Time to Buy Alcohol - pastor's wife - 11-25-2015

So . . . 

In accordance with Scripture, I just bought myself some wine.  "Give strong drink to him who is perishing, and wine to him whose life is bitter.  Let him drink and forget his poverty and remember his trouble no more."  (Prov. 31:6-7, NASB)

My sister's suggestion:  it says Schmitt Sohne Riesling Spatlese.  

Not sure how much one is supposed to drink of it.  I can finish off a two-liter of Diet Coke in a day.  I'm guessing I shouldn't be so liberal with the wine.  lol

I'm saving it for tomorrow.  Too long and personal of a story to relate here, but I'll be alone so I decided to indulge myself.  I've got some chocolate too.

RE: My First Time to Buy Alcohol - The Inimitable Lady Semp - 11-25-2015

It's probably a 750 mL bottle, so that's less than half of your soda. It's doable to drink it in a day, though for a newbie I wouldn't suggest it.

RE: My First Time to Buy Alcohol - myotch - 11-25-2015

Heartbreaking to be this lonely on a holiday.

Reisling is a good choice for a first bottle.

Drink slow, and bingewatch something great. Or down it with two fists and take a well-deserved nap.

After you start drinking, be selective from who you will accept calls.

RE: My First Time to Buy Alcohol - Dr. Jezebel - 11-25-2015

Myotch is right with that last bit of advice.

RE: My First Time to Buy Alcohol - Bald Jones Grad - 11-26-2015

And since you're a newbie you might refrain from FB or twitter posts after having a few..

I used to make amazon orders after having a few drinks. Spent money on stuff that weren't necessitiesSmile

RE: My First Time to Buy Alcohol - pastor's wife - 11-26-2015

Good advice. Thanks.

I don't tweet though. Guess I'm too old. Big Grin

RE: My First Time to Buy Alcohol - The Inimitable Lady Semp - 11-26-2015

Nah, you're not too old to tweet. I prefer FB to Twitter.

RE: My First Time to Buy Alcohol - Bald Jones Grad - 11-26-2015

I don't use FB. I twitter under a pseudonym. I don't want people knowing what I'm doing or thinking. Not to sound paranoid, but in my career I made some deep enemies. I think some are connected to a cartel.

Oh, and PW I agree with Lady Semp. You're not too old to tweet. I'm older than you. Remember, BJU class of 1980.

RE: My First Time to Buy Alcohol - The Inimitable Lady Semp - 11-26-2015

PW, the first few times I bought booze a few years ago I was carded. I thought that was hysterical, especially I was old enough to be the mom of a couple of the clerks. Perhaps I should be flattered that at my age I look under 21, but I was more annoyed than anything. If you seriously believe I'm too young to buy then I have some oceanfront property in Arizona to sell you at a low, low price.

RE: My First Time to Buy Alcohol - myotch - 11-26-2015

I own FB stock, so....use FB and click all the ads you see, and yell "ka-ching!" every time.