SFL Forum
Scientology - Printable Version

+- SFL Forum (http://www.sflforums.com)
+-- Forum: Deep Discussions (http://www.sflforums.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+--- Forum: Non-Christian Religion (http://www.sflforums.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: Scientology (/showthread.php?tid=5030)

Pages: 1 2 3

Scientology - myotch - 07-02-2012

Scientology fascinates me.

On the beginning tour of Scientology, they take a personal interest with the "auditing", give beneficial classes on a myriad of subjects, like communication, or addiction. Then at some point, it just gets weird.

I'm not talking about the cosmology, intergalactic warlord Xenu and his planeloads of prisoners in DC-10's crashing into earth, distributing the spirits by attaching them to humans at the time of the dawn of man. Yeah, that's weird, but I have my theory on that...

I'm talking about the weirdness the followers are demanded to invoke when someone says anything critical. And the critical....members can't read anything bad about Scientology. And the weirdness the church preaches about psychiatry.

We are likely to find out more about Scientology through the ongoing saga of Tom Cruise's marriage failure, and the "mystery people" seemingly keeping tabs on Katie Holmes. (Just read that Cruise is the number 3 guy in the Church...I have no idea if its true.).

I've been reading upon scientology for a while, trying to get a sense of what's good or attractive about it, and the bad. So far, what I've seen is pretty bad. Deaths and coverups, goons sent out to practically pick fights and definitely intimidate people who are designated "suppressive persons".

It's almost like Jehovah's Witnesses weirdness on steroids.

So, anybody got any scientology stories? Personal anecdotes? Anybody been to a "free reading"?

RE: Scientology - myotch - 07-02-2012

Oooh! Lisa Marie Presley seems to have sung her goodbye to Scientology.

Fox head Rupert Murdoch called Scientology "creepy", which isn't unusual. A lot of people think Scientology is creepy. But Greta Van Susterin is a Scientologist. Will she pull an Isaac Hayes?

RE: Scientology - FmrMarine - 07-02-2012

I don't think they tell Scientologists about the whoe Xenu story until they reach what they call Operating Thetan level 6, which is an advanced level. By the time one reaches that level, they have spent quite a lot of time, energy and money. They are super brainwashed by the time they hit them with Xenu and the DC10s and implants. Scientologists are a very special brand of crazy.

RE: Scientology - DaisyDeadhead - 07-02-2012

Here is my Scientology post... they link it and talk about me, but they never comment on the blog. Such weird people.

Myotch, this links the famous New Yorker article by the director who defected, which you MUST read:
http://daisysdeadair.blogspot.com/2011/02/when-we-need-somebody-haunted-we.html

They constantly google themselves, so you can expect some hits on this forum... but its like they are just score-keeping. They never comment.

OT3, but whose counting.

Tom Cruise on only OT7.

My theory on the Xenu thing, and the plausible deniability:

Scientologists are also taught that nothing in Scientology is true if it is not true to the Scientologist. The Xenu "myth" is presented as an origin of all the other religious myths. Kind of like demonstrating absurdity by being absurd.

That's the only way I can rationalize it. Otherwise, why would higher up OT's not leave the org when finding this out?

And, why do these OT's deny the Xenu story when confronted? Is it because the public only knows half of the story? If it's not true to the OT, then it isn't true, and if it isn't true, then it's not a Church teaching....Kind of like circular reasoning in reverse.

Thanks, Daisy. I think Darrell made the forum invisible to Google. Otherwise, I guess people will show up at my door because I'm a Suppressive Person.

(BTW, when Anonymous was only about the Scientology, I loooooved them. Then they went all "Occupy". Smile )

RE: Scientology - lucrezaborgia - 07-02-2012

(07-02-2012, 11:00 AM)myotch Wrote: That's the only way I can rationalize it. Otherwise, why would higher up OT's not leave the org when finding this out?

People are always doing crazy shit because, for the most part, we are not logical beings. We like to think we are tho...

RE: Scientology - dramaturge - 07-02-2012

(07-02-2012, 10:51 PM)lucrezaborgia Wrote:
(07-02-2012, 11:00 AM)myotch Wrote: That's the only way I can rationalize it. Otherwise, why would higher up OT's not leave the org when finding this out?

People are always doing crazy shit because, for the most part, we are not logical beings. We like to think we are tho...

True. And think about it. By the time a person gets that high up/deep into Scientology, they've been involved for years. That's not only a lot of money and time involved, that's a significant part of your personal and social life involved. At that point, it's almost easier to justify whatever unreasonable beliefs are now thrust upon you than to admit that it's unreasonable and walk away from your social circles and years of investment. And if they're high profile personalities, that adds even more reason to turn a blind eye to the crazy.

RE: Scientology - Zadig - 07-03-2012

(07-02-2012, 10:56 AM)DaisyDeadhead Wrote: They constantly google themselves, so you can expect some hits on this forum... but its like they are just score-keeping. They never comment.

They probably just have a google alert set up.

RE: Scientology - Zadig - 07-03-2012

(07-02-2012, 11:04 AM)myotch Wrote: Thanks, Daisy. I think Darrell made the forum invisible to Google. Otherwise, I guess people will show up at my door because I'm a Suppressive Person.

(BTW, when Anonymous was only about the Scientology, I loooooved them. Then they went all "Occupy". Smile )

Doesn't appear so:

http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=Thanks,+Daisy.+I+think+Darrell+made+the+forum+invisible+to+Google.+Otherwise,+I+guess+people+will+show+up+at+my+door+because+I'm+a+Suppressive+Person.&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Fairly easy thing to do though.